Bass may be BAD but it sure feels GOOD!
On-line CGI tools:
My Data / Plots:
My HT max SPL's:
- Radio Shack SPL meter at listening position (room size = ~2080 cu ft.)
- 4 RBH transducers in couch + 160W + equalized = 88dB C pink noise
- 2 sealed 12" Boston Acoustics subs + 100W + equalized = 112dB C pink noise
- 2 sealed 12" Boston Acoustics subs + 600W + equalized = ? I'm afraid to find out
- 32 Aura Bass Shakers + 1.7kW = my vision goes blurry and I can't read the SPL meter!
Recommended reading list:
"Loudspeaker Design Cookbook", Vance Dickson
"Master Handbook of Acoustics", Alton Everest
- Loudspeakers AES anthology volume 1 and 2
- Read the original T/S papers in volume 1.
- Lots of interesting topics, but volume 2 is not as interesting as volume 1.
- Pre-requisite of several years of calculus and physics recommended.
- Available from Old Colony Sound $30.
- I'm still looking for that collegiate level Acoustics book.
It appears like Beranek's "Acoustics" is still out of print and I haven't been
able to find a copy of Kinsler's "Fundamentals of Acoustics". Both of which
I've heard are highly recommended.